Perhaps first I'll give you an email that was sent to me though on the facts of Easter for this year.
Easter this year is: Sunday March 23, 2008Now for other Easter stuff :)
As you may know, Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which this year is March 20). This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.
A couple more things you might be interested in! Based on the above Easter can actually be one day earlier (march 22) but that is pretty rare.
This year is the earliest easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives. And only most elderly of our population (aged 95 or more) have ever seen it this early. And none of us have or will ever see it a day a day earlier.
Here are the facts:
The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you're 95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that!) The next time it will be a day earlier (March 22), will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So, no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year!
ENJOY THE UNIQUENESS OF THIS SPECIAL DAY AND THIS LITTLE PIECE OF HISTORY!
- Bible in Living Sound is offering The Passion of Jesus Christ as a free MP3 download. This is a enthralling re-enactment with music and "live" sound effects putting your kids in the middle of the action. You will find the free downloads HERE.
- For generic stuff on Easter check out
- Easter Bunny.net - this site has a variety of songs, recipes, traditions, etc.
- Easter Christian Resources by King's Kids - stories, activities, etc.
- A Glorious Easter - teacher resources
- Cooking for Easter
- stories on Easter