Anyways, we got some books read this month and I thought you might like to know about them.
Books that I read with my lad
World History Encyclopedia
This was a great book for us to read through. One two-page spread per night, and we learned so much. Tons of pictures, maps, artifacts and so much more.
I love these 100 facts books. This one was on World Wonders. Again, we read a two page spread every night, and often paused to look things up that interested us. It caused me to say "hey, I could do up a worksheet on that, or this would make a great ebook". :) But that will wait.
We read these three biographies and found them fascinating. The smallest one was about Sojourner Truth... An interesting black lady with a strong will and mind. Learned the importance of obedience, learned the importance of standing for what was right, a fervent fighter for freedom from slavery and women's rights. She was a speaker who travelled far and wide
Sharing: the story of the Mayo Clinic.
This was a read that told us how the Mayo Clinic started and gave a reason for why the Mayo Brothers shared so easily with others.
Facing a Challenge: the story of Terry Fox.
My son never understood who Terry Fox was or why he's so important, and now he does. :) Fighting cancer, fighting to be who he thought he was, fighting to help others...his story continues to this day.
I read a variety of books for reviews:
- Fatal Frost - Christian mystery without the indepth romance part.
- The kindness club - a nice chapter book for girls on Kindness
- The Art of Beatrix Potter - a great book exhibiting her art work and telling the story of her life.
- Out of the Spin Cycle - a devotional for moms
- Trials, Tears, Triumphs - a friends book about moving to Canada and early married life.
- The Playbook - using sports to help with character development
- The Prayer Saturated Family - how to better incorporate prayer into your life
War Plan Red (review)
Dog in the cave (review)
The Overlook (for fun)
The nature book (with the lad)
Snakes (with the lad)
Bronze bow (with the lad)
Tirza (with the lad)
Nieces book that I can't tell you anything about other than ... IT"S GOOD.
Rainforest Journey (with the lad)