Book series: The Excellent Wife - A Wife's Understanding of God
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
First off, What wives need to know about God.
1. God has planned a ministry for you.
2. God is gracious, righteous and compassionate.
3. God's strength and understanding are unlimited.
4. God is purposefully working in your life.
5. God wants you to be a joyful and fulfilled wife.
What wives need to know about their works and themselves.
1. God has prepared good works for the Christian wife to do.
2. The Christian wife's good works have eternal worth.
3. The Christian wife does not have to be afraid.
4. The focus of the Christian wife is to be on God rather than herself.
5. A Christian wife does not have to sin... which means we are putting ourselves under God's protective authority.
Why does the wife need protection?
1. The influence the world has on her.
2. The Devil
3. Women are often more easily deceived.
The study guide questions:
I won't go through them all as some are true/false questions or just asking to rehash the lessons of the chapter.
5. Does the husband ever have absolute authority over his wife?
... you know.. before reading this chapter the answer could easily have been yes...but really he doesn't. God does give him authority over his household, but this doesn't mean he can ask us to do something that is against God or God's ways (aka to sin).
6. Why does a wife need protection from the influence of the world? Examples?
....one of the things that I am grateful to is my husbands ability to figure out what it is about something that I am uncertain about. I can say.. something about this feels wrong but I can't figure out why... and he'll be able to put his finger on it, if not immediately (though often that's the case), then quickly. It gives me a sense of security to know that my radar is working even if it's not always correct. :)
Posted by Annette V at 2/21/2017 03:00:00 pm