Do you remember from yesterday how God would seek for his own people, setting them up in green pastures and giving us a good shepherd to mind us?
God SO CARES for his people that he will make a covenant of peace with us.
- Banishing wild beasts from the land
- so that we can dwell securely.
- Sending down showers of blessing
- They shall be secure in their land
- Bars of yoke broken
- Delivered from the slavers
- No more be prey to those who surround
- No longer consumed by hunger
- No longer under reproach
God wants his people to know.. HE is the Lord God. HE ALONE.
And we are his.
We are indeed the sheep of his pasture.
In this chapter, God is making it abundantly clear to the Israelites, through Ezekiel, that HE is their God and they are indeed his people. Remember it. Make it important. Because you know what? It is important.
Oh... that I too would remember this. To see the showers of blessing God pours down on my head, because they are indeed abundant. :)