Chronicle Books has come out with another 642 things book! This one is geared for the 8-12 year old writer and artist.
As you can see there is plenty of space to write and to draw, sometimes to do both for the same topic.
Some of the things you might be asked to write about are:
- something you collect
- a cheer you could chant
- describe what thunder sounds like
- the music at the dentist office
- an historical figure image, quote, question to ask
- an artist that inspires, art work, a project you could do
- treasure chest at the bottom of the ocean
- colossal bike ramp
- flag of your country
- a valentine
- a merit badge for bravery
So many things to see and to listen for. Thoughts to consider, quotes that inspire.
Get this book into the hands of your young artist and watch them get busy being inspired to learn, draw, grow, and develop. A good thing yes?
You can find my reviews on
642 Big Things to Draw
642 Places to Draw.
If looking for the complete series of the 642 books visit Chronicle books.
642 Things About Me: Young Writer's & Artist's Edition
7.5 x 8.95
Reviewed for: Raincoast Books.