Did you know that Canada produces 71-80% of the world's maple syrup? Most of that coming from Quebec. Isn't that an wonderful part of Canada? We export to over 50 countries around the world, with the USA being one of the biggest importers.
My son use to watch Daniel Cook, so seeing this video brought back smiles:
- Province of Quebec, Canada: 7, 989,000 gallons harvested.
- State of Vermont, USA: 890,000 gallons harvested.
- Province of Ontario, Canada: 400,000 gallons harvested.
8. Maple syrup is graded according to colour, flavour and density.
9. "Canada’s maple syrup producing regions are located in the provinces of Quebec (primary producer), Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. There are more than 8,600 maple syrup businesses in Canada." (source)
10. Did you know that the Homeschool Review Crew reviewed Tap My Trees? Tap my Trees is a company that helps you successfully make your own syrup.
I hope you will come join us: